Service Repair for Doosan V8 engineAugust 17, 2020
Autumn UpdateOctober 30, 2020
WaterMota Ltd, supplier of marine and industrial engines based in Newton Abbot, Devon, are looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer to join their small and enthusiastic team to provide a high-level support service to all their clients.
- Service, diagnosis and the repair of commercial marine engines, generators & gearboxes
- Attend vessels in the local Devon area and across the UK and Ireland when occasionally required.
- Complete service records, timesheets, reports and risk assesments.
- Carry out repairs and overhauls within the workshop
- Supply technical support to customers via phone or in person if required.
Skills & Attributes
- Extensive previous and proven practical experience as a mechanic in the commercial marine or automotive industry.
- Excellent fault-finding skills
- Sound knowledge of engine and auxiliary electrical systems.
- Good technology skills including computer use etc.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Presentable with excellent communication skills with a customer focused approach.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and work in confined spaces / vessel engine rooms.
- Live within a commutable distance of Newton Abbot.
- Ability to work to strict timeframes.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Commercial marine biased experience.
- Electronic engine experience.
- Liaising directly with manufacturers
- Knowledge of marine hydraulics and steering systems
- Metal fabrication, Mig / Tig welding.
In return, we are offering an annual salary of £28K+ (negotiable) dependant on experience, 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, and the use of a service van, laptop, and mobile phone.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org